Thursday 18 February 2016

Mad for Monochrome


It's all very nice to have bold colours and pastels for Spring, but there are just some days I don't want to worry about what colours and patterns match when I'm putting together my outfit. 
Monochrome is a trend that does keep popping up but I think its such a classic look that it's great to wear any time of the year. Anything with a black and white colour palette will simplify your look whilst adding a tough of sophistication. Florals, stripes, polka dots and graphic prints all work with Monochrome. 








I tend to favour florals, so it was natural for me to choose this black and white floral skirt and add a plain black ribbed jumper and black wool coat. I styled the outfit with a black mini bag, black heels and silver jewellery. 
The classic contrast of black and white is the perfect way to take you from day to evening by swapping the black jumper for a plain black top and strappy heels. 

Thank you for reading this post. Do you love the monochrome look or do you prefer bold colours? Do you favour florals or stripes? 

Skirt - TK Maxx
Jumper - Blue Banana
Coat - House of Fraser
Bag and Shoes - House of Fraser

See how I style the cream version of this jumper in my post Keeping Neutral


You can find me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment