Monday 10 October 2016

The Autumn Outfit with Sammydress*


I always find Autumn to be quite a tricky season to style an outfit as you're never sure what the weather's going to be like when you leave the house in the morning, freezing temperatures and drizzly rain one minute or a blistering heatwave the next.
I've been wanting to update my wardrobe for a while now after having a huge clear out of items that I no longer wear. I needed to add a few key pieces in Autumnal colours that would see me through the next few months. And I've found just the most perfect dress!




I had great fun browsing through all the gorgeous clothes and cute accessories on the Sammydress website, where there is something that will suit everyone's style. After spending absolutely ages looking at all the wonderful items they have, I finally decided to go for this beautiful Suedette Dress* in burnt orange as I thought the colour would really stand out on a grey day in the UK. It also seemed the perfect transitional piece to add to my Autumn wardrobe.




I absolutely adore this long sleeve, shirt style dress as it's made of soft cotton material which feels very luxurious and much more expensive than it actually is. It has buttons down the front half of the dress, which can be done right up to the neck but I chose to leave a few open to give it a collar so I was able to wear my favourite silver diamante necklace. The dress has deep pockets on the hips and a thick elasticated waistline which give it a very flattering shape. I like the pleats at the back and around the waist as I think they add some extra detail. This dress is really versatile and is going to be so easy to style going into the colder weather too. It's going to become one of my fashion favourites!




I also chose these cute black, kitten heeled ankle boots* with cross over straps and silver buckles. The boots feel so soft and are really comfortable to wear, I think they complement this style of dress really well. I've added a pair of classic black tights for this outfit but these boots will also look great worn with a chunky jumper and jeans or a button down skirt.



I couldn't resist this sweet little camera shaped Cross Body Bag* with a long chain strap to add an element of fun to my outfit. I've never seen one like this before! OK, so it's not the most practical sized bag for a day time outfit but I don't always want to carry my great big tote bag with me, so this bag is just perfect for taking my lippy, mobile and money! It will also look cute worn with an evening outfit for a night out with the girls!








To  complete my outfit I've added a denim jacket, which I've had hanging in my wardrobe for ages, and my favourite wide brimmed fedora. I absolutely love this outfit and feel it's perfect for Autumn.

What do you think to this outfit? What's your favourite transitional outfit?

Dress: Sammydress*
Boots: Sammydress*
Bag: Sammydress*

You can find more about Sammydress on their website or twitter page.

You'll also be able to find me on

*This post contains items that have been gifted but all photos and opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment