Monday 2 May 2016

April Beauty Favourites


These months are going way to quickly, where on earth did April go?
First I thought I'd just mention a personal favourite as on the 14th April my husband and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. We went out for a lovely meal at a local pub called The Fox and both enjoyed our food plus a few glasses of wine to toast the day.
Another happy occasion was that we attended a family wedding. Oh I do love a good wedding! Or maybe I just love the food and party afterwards, ha ha! Anyway, even though it wasn't my special day I still had my hair done especially for the day and put on my best party frock. It was really good to meet up with relatives who we hadn't seen for ages and have a good natter too.

So back to this months beauty favourites. I think this post is probably more like a drugstore haul as they were all bought on one of those days when I'd popped in for one thing and came out with a few extras but anyway these are the products that I've loved using during April.




L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist
I'd seen mixed reviews on this fixing mist, but as the one I've been using was coming to an end I decided to try this one instead and find out for myself. I first used it on a foundation that I own that's normally non existent on me by the time I get home and it definitely made that last a lot longer. Other times I'd used the fixing spray to set my makeup and it gave my foundation that "just applied" look all day, which I'm really happy about. The spray dried quickly after I applied it and smells lovely too.


Toni & Guy Cleanse Damaged Hair Shampoo
and Nourish Conditioner for Damaged Hair
I suffer from very dry hair and like to use a hair mask once a week to give my hair some extra nourishment but wash it normally once or twice in between and leave it to dry naturally as often as possible. I thought I'd try this shampoo and conditioner as my usual ones weren't in stock at the time. When I used the shampoo my hair felt really clean and the conditioner left my hair soft and tangle free. After using them both  a few times my hair looked really healthy. They both smell absolutely gorgeous and are good value for money.


Garnier Ultimate Blends The Sleek Perfector Oil
Even with the best of shampoos, conditioners and hair masks there are still days when I have hair that looks like straw which is usally when I've used the hair dryer. This is an old favourite of mine and I decided to purchase it again as I'd not used it for a while. It leaves my hair glossy and frizz free, especially at the ends which is where I use it most. It's quite thick so I only need to use a small amount and it doesn't leave my hair feeling greasy afterwards.


Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make Up Remover
It can be a real pain to find a remover that takes off every last scrap of eye makeup especially if I am wearing waterproof eyeliner or mascara. I'd seen this one advertised so I decided to try it out and as it was on offer at the time for £2.50 it wasn't too much to lose if it didn't work. Well it did! It's a two part formula which after shaking the bottle you pop onto a cotton pad and soak the eye area. It removed every single bit of eye makeup and it didn't leave the skin around my eye feeling dry or sore. This is definitely a favourite for April plus I saved myself some money which is always a bonus!


I've also written a post on what makeup products are my favourites for Spring which you can read HERE

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post. What products have you loved using during April?

You can also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment