Monday 6 June 2016

Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette


Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette
I thought it was high time I got a new blusher as this is one thing I don't seem to have enough of, so while I was in town a few weeks ago I popped into Superdrug to check out what they'd got. I'm already a fan of Makeup Revolution as I have a few of their eyeshadow palettes, which I absolutely love, and I'd been wanting to try a few more of their products for a while so of course I was immediately drawn to the Makeup Revelution section first. I'd decided on getting a powder palette and not the cream as I'm not particularly very good at applying cream blushers, or maybe I just need more practice! I was expecting to purchase one or two single blushers but the Sugar and Spice colour palette caught my eye immediately as I think the pretty pink tones seem to suit my skin tone and hair colouring.





First of all I must say about the price, it was only £6 so an absolute bargain considering how many shades you get. I also love the shiny black packaging which I think looks quite chic and a lot more expensive than it actually is. It also has a large mirror which is great for travelling if you can't be bothered to pack a separate one.
There are 8 gorgeous colours to choose from all in one palette with a mix of powder blushers. highlighters and contour colours. It has 2 neutral shades which are perfect for contouring, a pinky nude and a peachy pink which are both great for an everyday look, 2 brighter pink shades for something a little bolder plus 2 shimmery pink shades which I found were wonderful for highlighting. You also get a decent amount of product for each colour option too. There really is something for every makeup look I'd want to do.
Each colour was incredibly pigmented so I only needed to use a small amount on a brush and for the highlighter shades I found it best to use a fan brush. The colours gave a lovely creamy, satin finish and blended in really nicely. The colour lasted well and still looked good at the end of the day, which I was so happy about especially as we are going into summer and warmer weather.
So far I've been using more of the pinky nude colours and lighter one of the highlighters for a natural glowy look for everyday and I can't wait to use the raspberry pink blusher again for an evening party makeup look or even just for something a bit bolder during the day.
This blusher palette really is adorable, I think it's the best one I've ever owned (is it wrong to get this excited about a product?) and at this price I may well go back and get the cream blusher palette next month!

Have you tried this blusher palette? What did you think? Or have you tried another palette that you find is even better?

You can see what my my 5 favourite summer nail polsih shades are by reading HERE

You'll also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment