Monday 23 May 2016

My Favourite Summer Nail Polishes


I was having a huge Spring clean a few weeks back and one of the things I did was sort through all of my nail polishes. I seem to have built up quite a large collection, actually I think it's probably an addiction alongside nude lipsticks as I can't seem to go too long without buying one or the other and I really don't need anymore. Maybe I should write a list of goals for the rest of the year and number one should be "Must not buy anymore nail polishes"! Ha, ha! Now that really would be a challenge.

One of the things I love about Summer is being able to paint my toes nails in a lovely bright colour and have them on show wearing a pair of summer sandles. Let's hope the weather stays nice enough for me to do this.
I am rubbish at being able to grow my finger nails though. I manage to get them to a certain length and then they either brake or I end up filing them down. I did try having gels for a while last year but I found they completely ruined my nails, maybe I kept having them for too long without a break in-between.

Well, with Summer not that far off now it was time to put away the darker colours for winter and dig out some brighter colours. I thought it would be nice to write a post and show you some of my favourite nail polishes for this time of year.



Seventeen Lasting Fix Nail Polish in shade Fairy Cake is a lovely opaque baby pink colour. It's actually from last summer but it was one of my most worn nail polishes and I've used it so much I need to replace it now.


Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in shade Happy Evie After is a super bright orange colour and this is my favourite colour for wearing on my toe nails. I love the Rimmel nail polishes as they are really long lasting and so easy to apply with a large brush that vertually paints your nail in one sweep.


Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in shade Soul Session is a beige nude rather than a pinky nude and I love wearing this colour as it goes with absolutely everyhing and looks pretty chic too. Perfect for those days when I haven't got time to sit and attempt to do a full manicure and paint a bright colour on my nails.


No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in shade Pink Grapefruit is a gorgeous pinky coral colour. It just shouts out summer to me and reminds me of holidays. I wear a lot of white clothes in the summer and this colour goes perfectly with those outfits. This is another long lasting nail polish which is great if you are going away for a few days.


Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish in shade Grape Sorbet is a pretty soft shimmery lilac colour and I love wearing this when I'm having an in-between day, nothing too bright or a nude. In other words, I can't make my my mind up!

I've also recently bought a L'Oreal nail polish in shade Nymphea which you can read all about in my post What's In My Spring Makeup Bag

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. What's your favourite nail polish for Spring/Summer?

You can also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment