Monday 28 March 2016

Blue Eyeshadow Makeup Look



So far I've really been enjoying 2016. At the start of the year I set myself a few personal goals and I'm slowly working through them one by one. Being a bit more experimental with certain things also featured on my list so I thought why not be a bit more adventurous with my makeup as well.  I treated myself to the Elf Eyes 100 Eyeshadow Palette and I've been having great fun playing around using the eyeshadow colours to create different looks. With it being a new season I wanted to do something a little bit brighter with my makeup and move away from my favourite smokey eye look so I decided to do a makeup look using blue eyeshadows.
I thought I would share my finished look and show you what products I've used.





EYES

Elf Eyes 100 Eyeshadow Palette - After experimenting a bit to find which blues worked best for the effect I wanted I finally used 3 of the blue colours to create this look. First I used my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer, then I used a light blue all over the lid (second from the top). On the lower lid up to the crease I used a medium shade blue (second from the bottom) and in the outer corners and under the eye I used a darker blue (bottom). The colours are amazing and highly pigmented, plus I found they all blended in extremely well using my Real Techniques Bold Metal eyeshadow brushes.

Max Factor 2 in 1 Gel Shadow Liner - shade 30, a pearly ivory colour, I used this in the inner corners of my eye to brighten my eyes.

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pencil - shade Lustrous Sapphire, if you've seen my previous makeup posts you will know that up until recently I have only ever worn bold black or brown eyeliner. I wanted a softer colour to complement the eyeshadow so I chose a navy blue shade.

Max Factor Xperience Volumising Mascara - shade Black/Brown, again I wanted something soft but that would still give my lashes some volume. I chose a black/brown shade this time instead of my normal intense black. It think it complements the eyeshadow perfectly.



BASE

No7 Airbrush Away Primer - a light non sticky primer which makes my makeup last all day

No7 Instant Radiance Foundation - colour Soft Rose, this is my favourite foundation at the moment which is perfect for a light to medium coverage

Garnier BB Cream  - colour Medium for under my eyes


CHEEKS and LIPS

L'Oreal Le Blush - shade Luminous Rose, this is a lovely soft pink which is just right to add some subtle colour on my cheeks.

Rimmel Moisture Lipstick - shade 210 Fancy. a glossy baby pink colour.




Blue eyeshadow is sometimes seen as a bit of a retro look but I really love it. I recently wore a 1970s inspired outfit and I think that would have worked well with this makeup look. If you'd like to read my outfit post then you can find it HERE

Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed this post. Have you used the Elf Eyes 100 Eyeshadow Palette?  What looks have you created? Have you tried any of their other products?


You can find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment