Monday 14 March 2016

1970s Inspired Outfit


1970s fever is hitting fashion again and will be staying well into Autumn Winter 2016. The Seventies gave us Hippie Chic, Glam Rock and even Punk and eventually becoming an iconic decade for fashion. Charlie's Angels, big lapels, flares and the "Farrah" flick, not forgetting corduroy, suede, denim and velvet were all big in the Seventies. People were inspired by what they saw in Jackie magazine or on Top of The Pops, then shopped at Camden Market to buy their own version or made it themselves at home whilst listening to vinyl on their record players. Designers are still inspired by some of the original icons of the time, Stevie Nicks, Farrah Fawcett and Bianca Jagger to name a few.
Now I love wearing vintage inspired outfits and I'll try not to wear all the pieces at once as I don't want to look like a reject from Pans People!









The Seventies were so diverse that I've only added a few pieces to my wardrobe and put together a 1970s inspired look. I like the accuracy of the era portrayed in the TV show Life On Mars, so I've used the character Annie as inspiration for my outfit to make it more wearable for everyday. I've worn my faux fur coat quite a lot during the winter so I thought I'd try a cord blazer instead, which is perfect as we move into Spring. I've styled it with a plain black long sleeve top and chiffon floral maxi skirt. I've accessorized with a pair of tan calf length high heeled boots and a tan bag. My hubby even found an Olympus film camera from 1979 hidden away in the loft to complete the overall look!

I hope you like my version of a Seventies inspired outfit. Are you wearing the trend this season? What pieces from the decade are your favourite?  

Top - la Redoute
Boots - Dune
Bag - Skyravenwolf
Jacket and skirt both from local vintage shops

Why not have a look at what things I loved using during Feberuary in my February Favourites post.

No comments:

Post a Comment