Monday 11 January 2016

Make Up Favourites


I've used many different make up brands over the years and love trying out new products. My make up drawer is full of different shades of lipsticks and eyeshadows. A girl can never have too many lipsticks, right?
These are my current everyday favourites.


BASE


Laura Mercier Foundation Primer
This primer is a lightweight gel and packed full of vitamins which protects your skin against the elements and has anti-aging benefits too. I use this under my foundation and my make up lasts all day.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Personally, I don't like a heavy foundation but need something more than just a tinted moisturiser during the winter months. So I gave this one a try after a make up artist recommended it to me last year and I've been using it ever since. It's lightweight but still gives a nice even coverage and a lovely silky glow. I've always used my fingers to blend in my foundation but last week I bought a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and I'm so happy with the results after using it. My foundation had blended in perfectly and I was left without any streaks after applying it with the brush.

No 7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream and  No 7 Instant Radiance Under Eye Concealer are both my little wonder products! I use the BB cream after my foundation on red patches on my cheeks and around the corners of my nose. It's great for disguising any little imperfections. I also suffer from dark circles and puffiness under my eyes and the Instant Radiance concealer reduces the appearance of these and any fine lines around the eyes. Both these products are light weight and blend in well but give really great coverage in the areas that I need them.

EYES



Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eye Palette
I absolutely love this eyeshadow palette which comes with 12 colours in a range of shades from mattes, satins and some with a touch of sparkle. I use the warmer neutrals for the day time and the richer browns, greys and blacks for an evening smokey eye. The colours blend easily and are long lasting.

No 7 Stay Precise Felt Tip Eye Liner
I find this easy to use with it's built in brush and I either do a thin line for a softer look or a thicker line for a more dramatic one. It stays in place for ages and doesn't smudge.

Max Factor Velvet Volume False Lash Effect Mascara is great for getting really thick and volumised lashes. The wand is easy to use with a large bristle brush, which separates my lashes perfectly. It lasts all day and doesn't smudge. Before applying my mascara i use Tweezerman Classic Curler to give my lashes an extra lift.

LIPS AND CHEEKS


On my cheeks I use bareMinerals Ready blush in The Whisper, which is a lovely rosey brown colour and perfect for my skin tone. On the tops off my cheek bones I use Clarins Illuminating Cheek Colour in Rose Wood to give me a lovely health glow without looking too shiny.
I've been on the hunt for the perfect nude lip colour and recently found L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Nudes in JLo Barely Greige which is a beautiful subtle colour. The texture is rich and creamy so it moisturises your lips as well unlike some long lasting lipsticks which can be quite drying. I also use No 7 Precision Lips Pencil.

Hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite make up. I'd love to know what you think and what your favourites are too.

You'll also find me on

No comments:

Post a Comment